Water. Why is it such a struggle for many of us to keep up with our water intake? It is so easy to reach for a latte, juice or soda. But what we all need more of is good old-fashioned H20. So for motivation let’s look at some benefits of increasing your water drinking habit.
- Less aches and pain – Our body needs water to lubricate our joints so the more we drink, the less pain you may have in your joints.
- Dry eyes and dry mouth fix – Good hydration will help your body make sufficient saliva and mucus in the body and this can help reduce irritation from dry eyes and mouths. This is especially important in the dry winter months.
- Wrinkles stay away – To have a glowing complexion and stave off premature wrinkles chug your H20
- Maintains good blood pressure – The blood is 70% water so to keep things flowing smoothly and helping the body work less to pump blood through the body, keep up your intake.
- Weight loss – Helps things to keep moving like improved bowel function. When you are dehydrated you have a tendency to snack more.
So how much should you drink? A good rule of thumb is to drink half your body weight in ounces. So if you weigh 150 lbs, then drink at least 75 ounces a day. If you are doing physical activities or its a hot day, then obviously drink a bit more than that. So drink up your water and you’ll feel and look your best!